Private Joint-Stock Company "Ukrayinska girnycho-metalurgiyna kompaniya" (UGMK) was established in March 1998 in order to provide an extensive range of customers with the required assortment of high quality rolled metal products offering for this purpose a wide variety of services.
UGMK is a strategic partner and an official representative of ISD Corporation (Industrial Union of Donbas). UGMK has been representing the biggest Ukrainian and foreign producers of rolled metal products on the market for many years. They, in particular, include:
- Alchevsk Iron & Steel Works, PJSC (Ukraine)
- Dneprovsky Iron & Steel Works aft. F. Dzerzhinsky, PJSC (Ukraine)
- Dniepropetrovsk Tube Works, PJSC (Ukraine)
Apart from this UGMK is a partner of a number of enterprises in the European Union countries incorporated into the ISD Corporation:
- ISD Dunaferr Zrt. (Hungary)
- ISD Huta Częstochowa Sp. z.o.o. (Poland).
As early as in 2000 the Company started to actively develop the regional target markets. The territorial expansion spread not only to the megalopolises of the country but also to the small district centers. In 2000 UGMK opened its first representative office in Odessa and 5 years later it became a network of the national scale.
In 2002 UGMK opened the "First Supermarket of Metal" and later — the "First National Network of Supermarkets of Metal" with 31 representative offices in different cities of Ukraine.
In 2006 UGMK entered the international market as the International Metal Trading Network, which incorporated: UGMK (Ukraine), RGMK, Ltd (Russia), UGMK (Belarus), GCB Centrostal Bydgoszcz S.A. (Poland), UGMK-Georgia (Georgia), UGMK Central Europe (Czech Republic).
In 2009 UGMK launched the "First Internet Supermarket of Metal" (www.ugmk.ua) in Ukraine — the first virtual trading floor, which united an interregional metal trading network into an integrated system of trade in rolled metal products.
During a short period of time UGMK managed to establish partner relations with major companies — the consumers of rolled metal products, namely: construction companies, carriage works, machine-building, ship-building enterprises and repair agencies of Ukraine and CIS countries.
The best practices of UGMK in arranging metal supply make it possible for the Company to win the International tender projects, namely:
- supply of metal for the construction and operation of oil and gas pipelines (NJSK "Naftogas of Ukraine", PJSC "Ukrnafta", PJSC "Ukrtatnafta");
- ensuring the construction and reconstruction of stadiums for EURO 2012, underground railroads and bridges, integrated iron-and-steel works (Arcelor Mittal Kryvyi Rig, Alchevsk Iron & Steel Works, Dniprovsky Iron & Steel Works after F. Dzerzhinsky etc);
- ship-building (Kherson shipyard, Ilyichevsk Shiprepair Yard etc);
- carriage works (Kryukivsky carriage works);
- machine-building (Novokramatorsk machine-building plant, Sumy Machine-Building Scientific Production Association named after M.V. Frunze, Umanfermmash, Chernivtsi machine-building plant etc).
Quality management system of UGMK is certified in compliance with the International standard ISO 9001:2008.
A wide assortment of metal products, efficient infrastructure and timely delivery of goods allow UGMK to address the tasks of any level of complexity.
UGMK has been operating on the market for 14 years and it does not rest on what it has already achieved.